Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Adu vs. Altidore



I'm sure you guys all know Freddy Adu's name and recognize him in the video above, but there's a new kid on the block you need to keep an eye on. Josmer (Jozy) Altidore started last year for Red Bull New York at the tender age of 16. He scored three goals in seven games last year so alot of folks are watching for this to be a breakout year for him. He tells his own story in a new Adidas, Impossible is Nothing, commercial. This is what he says.

Josmer Altidore:
Soccer player. Major League Soccer player at age 17
"Push yourself further, and you find out what you're really made of."
"I'm Jozy Altidore and this is my story.
When I was five, I kicked the ball too hard.
Parents were afraid I would hurt the other kids.
So I had to play with the eight-year-olds.
My weapon was gone. I was scared.
But you just got to fight for every loose ball.
You know, that's what it's about at any age.
Now I'm playing in the MLS at age seventeen.
I'm still taking on all the big guys,
That's when you find out what you're really made of."

He is also in a RBNY commercial which you can see below along with his first MLS goal.


1 comment:

Troy Smart said...

Soccer, the NEW American Sport!

:)