Monday, August 13, 2007

Bob Bradley, please call Jozy up for Brasil (Altidore highlights)

I don't care how old he is, this kid plays like a man. We are desperate for a striker on the USMNT and if his second goal this weekend didn't say "Coach, I'm ready", I don't know what it will take.
Beside his great skill the kid seems to be a class act. Every interview I've seen with him, he always says the right things.
What I remember about Adu at this age was getting caught drinking and pouting about having to learn to play defense and wing. Adu's interview after leaving for Benfica said basically "I'm a middle of the park player and nobody in the U.S. was smart enough to let me play there."
On the other hand Altidore was forced to play wing a couple of weeks ago and when Allen Hopkins interviewed him his response was, " As a freshman I need to learn all of the positions.".

Here are some highlights:
This weekend's 2nd goal

Yes he can use his head

How did he do against Brasil's U20s?

And let's not forget his first MLS goal

No comments: